July 5, 2012

The Pretty & The Ugly

The Pretty & The Ugly

July 5, 2012

A few weeks ago a friend of mine came over to borrow a lens and commented what a charmed life I lead. I asked him what on earth he meant?! I work like 14 hours a day. He commented about all of the cocktails we drink and Instagram pictures of yummy food and fancy places…. I realized I’m just putting the pretty out there for you guys. I won’t lie…I do want you to see the good side of everything. And the pretty is what I document. What you see here on the blog, on my Instagram, and pretty much everywhere else are the 15 minute breaks of joy that I take. The rare date night. Moments to sit in the sunshine on the front porch and feel its warmth on my toes while I sip my coffee and munch on a few pieces of watermelon. Because honestly, once that’s done, and I’ve taken the pictures…I go inside and work. I spend like 95% of my waking time in front of a computer. Running my photography business is about 10% photography. If that. The other 90% is running a small business. Just like any other small business, I have to worry about and take care of accounting, bookkeeping, marketing/advertising, client relations, corporate communication, and the list goes on. It’s a one woman show around here…so I just want to be clear….what you’re seeing are my little bits of joy that I hold on to for the rest of the day :-) (yes, even on holiday “weeks”).

 This is the other 99% of my day…honestly. And yes, eventually I will have time to clean my desk. Eventually. 

I’m not posting this for any other reason than to be honest with you. It’s just me over here working my tail off, enjoying the pretty moments way more than the ugly.

THE EJP BLOG